Limited number of places
Participation for lawyers in private practice :
Registration fee: 790 EUR
Participation for judges:
The participation for judges is free of charge. Two nights in a
single hotel room as well as travel costs of up to 500 Euros will be
covered by the ERA. Participants have to be nominated by their national
EJTN contact point.
To apply, please contact your national EJTN contact point.
The conference will bring together all actors involved in the private enforcement of Articles 101 and 102 TFEU to address two key issues in enforcement of those rules, namely injunctive and damages actions.
- Brussels I Regulation and the applicable rules on jurisdiction relevant to the private enforcement of EU antitrust law
- “Torpedo actions” and the effect on enforcement of EU antitrust rules at national level
- The interaction between the Brussels I and Rome II Regulations
- The quantification of harm in antitrust damages actions following the adoption of the Commission guidance paper
- The role of the guidance paper for judges, claimants and defendants
Who should attend?
Judges and lawyers practising in the field of EU antitrust law; in-house counsel.
The Academy of European Law is a CPD pro-vider accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (ref. AJG/TAEL).
More details about the fees and discounts
Fees in €:
EU and ERA patrons
Young lawyers and other groups
Early registration discounts
10 % before 28.05.2012
25 % - For young lawyers up to 30 years of age (important: the
participant must provide a copy or details of his or her passport or
identity card on registration); Full-time staff of universities or
comparable academic institutions; Staff of charitable organisations or
Employees of the Federal government and of the Cantons of Switzerland
40 % - Staff of European Union institutions and agencies;
Staff of ERA’s patrons (Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech
Republic, Finland, France, Germany and the German states, Greece,
Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland,
Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United
Kingdom, City of Trier).